To develop and deliver in clinic, photocrosslinked, biodegradable 6 months+ sustained release ocular biologics and small molecule drugs.
Through innovative sustained release therapeutics we can advance the quality of care for patients suffering from sight-threatening diseases.
EyeLief® is a preformed implant, composed of our photocrosslinked polymeric matrix that is designed to be injected into the eye through narrow gauge needles. This implant is the first biodegradable implant that can achieve significant high loading of both biologic and small molecule drugs that are designed to provide sustained drug delivery for 6+ months. EyeLief-SD (Super Dense) provides higher release rates and drug loading, thus broadening the wide range of biologics and small molecule therapeutics capable of 6+ months sustained release
Develop strategic collaborations with leading pharmaceutical companies to partner Re-Vana technology for the next generation of sustained release therapeutics.
- Major growth projected due to lifestyle and age
- Current therapeutics require frequent administrations
- Expanding patient populations and novel treatments are forecasted to result in a 45% increase in market revenues through 2024
- Population growth will represent significant burden on healthcare providers and systems
- Tham, Y., Li, X., Wong, T., Quigley, H., Aung, T. and Cheng, C., 2020. Global Prevalence Of Glaucoma And Projections Of Glaucoma Burden Through 2040.1. Tham, Y., Li, X., Wong, T., Quigley, H., Aung, T. and Cheng, C., 2020. Global Prevalence Of Glaucoma And Projections Of Glaucoma Burden Through 2040.
- Ogurtsova, K., da Rocha Fernandes, J., Huang, Y., Linnenkamp, U., Guariguata, L., Cho, N., Cavan, D., Shaw, J. and Makaroff, L., 2017. IDF Diabetes Atlas: Global Estimates For The Prevalence Of Diabetes For 2015 And 2040.
- Wang, W., Su, X., Li, X., Cheung, C., Klein, R., Cheng, C. and Wong, T., 2014. Global Prevalence Of Age-Related Macular Degeneration And Disease Burden Projection For 2020 And 2040: A Systematic Review And Meta-Analysis.
- Source: Market Scope Estimates 2019; Courtesy MarketScope. http://market-scope.com/
Partnerships and Collaborations
Re-Vana is working with several interested parties in conducting preformulation and preclinical feasibility studies.